Political Science Bachelor’s Degree Curriculum
Core Courses 36 hours
- POL 101: Introduction to American Government
- POL 212: Introduction to Comparative Politics
- POL 220: Introduction to World Politics
- POL 250: Introduction to Political Philosophy
- POL 280: Research and Writing in Political Science
- POL 370: Introduction to Public Administration OR 374: Introduction to Public Policy
- POL 400W: Capstone Course in Political Science
Students must also take an additional 12 hours of POL courses, all of which must be numbered 300 or above. No more than six hours of POL courses numbered 300 or above may be taken prior to completing POL 280.
And choose one of the following:
- POL 345: Minority Group Politics
- POL 347: Politics and Religion in the U.S.
- POL 373: Politics of Development in Appalachia
- POL 376: Public Human Resources
- POL 446: Politics of Sex
- POL 464: Law and Politics of Civil Liberties
Other appropriate POL courses can be selected with chair approval. No more than 6 hours of POL 349 may be applied toward major requirements.
Free Electives 44 hours
EKU General Education Requirements 40 hours
(See catalog for details.)
Total Hours Required for Degree Completion 120 hours
For a full list of course descriptions please see section 7 of the university undergraduate catalog.