Political Science Bachelor’s Degree
EKU’s online political science degree provides the critical skills needed to assume a variety of roles within political and government institutions, helping graduates to influence decision making by applying proven theory to real-world problems. Graduates also find success in graduate and professional school programs including law, public administration, government, business and homeland security.
Format: 100% online
A minimum of 30 credit hours must be completed at EKU
Enhance your degree with one of our three areas of emphasis
Selecting an area of emphasis allows you to focus your major coursework and gain additional skill sets in specific areas of future employment. Choose from:
- Public Administration/Public Policy
- International Relations and Comparative Politics
- American Institutions/Law
You can also choose from numerous minors and undergraduate certificates in specialty areas that complement and enhance your major as you work toward your degree.
What sets our program apart?
Providing an advanced understanding of U.S. and world politics, EKU’s curriculum blends academic and professional preparation through course topics such as comparative politics, American government, world politics, public administration and public policy.
- 8-week terms
- Personalized graduation plan
- Study anytime, from any where
- Quality courses from respected political science department faculty who teach the same classes online and on-campus
- Ranked by U.S. News and World Report among the best universities offering online degrees
Why choose EKU?
EKU is a regionally-accredited, brick-and-mortar university that is ranked among the nation's best colleges and has been educating students for more than a century. EKU has received numerous honors, including being named one of the best online colleges in the nation and one of the most veteran-friendly campuses.